West Cork Hotel, Skibbereen 3PM TO 7PM | €10 | 086 1966988 OR MAJAELLABONEILL@GMAIL.COM
Topics that will be discussed by the panel are:
• The effects of modern farming and food production on economics and health
• The decline of beneficial bacteria in the soil, in our food and in our bodies and its impact on our health
• The urgent need for change
• Can Ireland lead the way?
• A conversation on the future of food, chaired by Ella McSweeney, RTE’s Ear To The Ground
Speakers: Darina Allen: Chef, Owner of Ballymaloe Cookery School teacher, food writer, newspaper columnist, cookbook author and television presenter. Professor Ted Dinan, UCC: Professor of Psychiatry and a Principal Investigator in the APC Microbiome Institute at University College Cork. Madeline Mc Keever: Brown Envelope Seeds and the Irish Seed Savers Association. Dr Don Huber: award-winning, international scientist and Professor Emeritus of Plant Pathology at Purdue University. Ann Darcy: Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist, Herbalist and Homoeopath who specializes in the complementary treatment of illness. Majella O’Neill: Nutritional Therapist and Natural Health Practitioner, qualified State Registered Nurse.