The West Cork Awards and A Taste of West Cork Food Festival are delighted to announce a Short Film Competition dedicated to promoting the vibrancy and charm of the region.
The AIM IS SIMPLE:
Promote West Cork
Short 90 second-videos are the perfect medium for communicating the wonders of West Cork to a large audience in an easy, accessible format. We are looking for film makers who are up to the challenge of creating an impactful message in just a minute and a half!
Prizes will be awarded for the best film, second place and third place
1st Place €2,000
2nd Place €1,000
3rd Place €500
The panel will consist of three judges representing the media, film and digital industries with strong personal connections to West Cork.
Rules of submission
- The Competition is open to all film makers – young and old
- All films must be no longer than 90 seconds
- All films must be submitted by 5.30 p m on 06th September 2017 to Helen Collins, Wolfe & Co, Market Street, Skibbereen, Co Cork
- All entrants need to submit a legible, fully completed and signed application form (attached with a photo), four copies of the film in MP4 or AVI format on DVD, with a minimum resolution of 720 p, available for screening; in person, by cargo or mail to the aforesaid Helen Collins at Wolfe & Co, Market Street, Skibbereen and she and the Promoter shall not be responsible for any problems that may arise during the delivery by cargo or by mail and all delivery costs shall be borne by the owner of the work
- Competitors may enter each category separately and submissions are limited to one per competitor per category
- Films that have previously been shown in other competitions cannot take part
- The winners will be chosen by the above designated panel of judges or such substitute judges as shall be nominated and appointed by the Promoters of The West Cork Awards. The winners shall be chosen based on the creativity and originality of the final’s winners’ content and how well the content expresses the theme of the picture. The winners will be announced at the finals live event to be held at Baltimore, Co Cork on 16th day of September 2017
- The West Cork Awards and A Taste of West Cork Company Limited by Guarantee shall have ownership of all submissions entered into this competition and shall hold the perpetual rights in respect of all films submitted
- By submitting an entry each competitor automatically agrees to the Rules of the competition herein and further rules set out in the attached link.
- By submitting an entry each competitor automatically agrees to the terms and conditions of the competition set out in the attached link.