A Taste of West Cork is Ireland’s longest running food festival and is the best opportunity hundreds of local producers have to get in front of people who are passionate about food.
The Belling West Cork Artisan Awards are sponsored by Sean and Rose O’Driscoll of Glen Dimplex/Belling Limited, both natives of West Cork.
There are three categories of awards:
• The ‘Originals’ (prize €5,000)
• The ‘Newcomers’ category (prize €5000)
• The ‘Student Bursary’ category (prize €5,000)
The Belling West Cork Artisan Awards offer an opportunity and incentive to new producers to strive harder in rigorously pursuing the best product, be it in:
4. Fruit and vegetables.
6. Preserved goods.
7. Rare breed pigs, cattle and poultry.
8. Alcoholic and soft drinks.
The Awards are open to any business or person who grow or produce food products. The emphasis is on skill, dedication, taste, presentation and design, flavour and the impact on the environment. Products must be reared, grown or manufactured by the entrant.
The Judging Panel consists of internationally renowned Chefs, Food Educationalists, Food Suppliers and Food Journalists/Critics.
The Committee of the Belling Food Awards invite you to submit your food business for consideration in the 2014 Awards.
Please forward your proposal to by post to : Helen Collins ℅ Wolfe & Co. Solicitors, Market Street, Skibbereen or email to email@example.com on or before the 29th day of August 2014.
Your proposal must include the following:
1. Your name, address, full contact details including your Facebook/website address
2. A short description/profile of your food business, detailing:
(a) When and how you began
(b) Details of who is currently engaged in the business
(c) The number and details of any employees, full time or part time
(d) Your current markets
(e) Your target markets/target development
3. Furnish a short assessment of the current needs of your business for further development/expansion, detailing:
(a) Any additional skills required
(b) Any additional mentoring required
(c) Product/market development required
4. If you had €5,000.00 to spend how would you best utilise it in your business?
5. If you had €1,000.00 to spend how would you best utilise it in your business?
Please give detailed responses to the above questions.